Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Walk Around...

just the Hotel del Coronado... one of the many pretty places around this place

And for today's adventure...

When dealing with ample amounts of time and a high electricity bill (thank you movie marathons and previously mentioned HBO series marathons) I have made it a point not to turn on the TV until at least 8 o'clock. 

To bide my time I have taken to walking. Usually I LOVE to go for a great run. However, today I chose to stop and smell the roses. This morning I went on a lovely stroll around Coronado's main street Orange Ave. Nothing exciting returned some library books and movies...

Later on I chose to venture further out into the island. I took my best friend over zealous cha-weanie (Dachshund/Chihuahua) we went for a good 2 hour walk around pretty much the whole island. Passed the two Naval bases and countless number of palatial houses making a huge loop back to our nice little town house. 

I don't think people take advantage of walking enough. It really clears your mind and at least puts some fresh air in your lungs. SO, I prepare myself for my trip across the country tomorrow from Cali to NY to NJ to VA to NC. can't wait. really getting used to hopping around the country and kinda loving it.

1 comment: