Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Liberation...


Before June I probably should have gone to a cable addicts anonymous meeting stood up and said "hello, my name is Catie Voglio and I have a problem. I am glued to my tv"

For my move to California what I dreaded most was LOSING CABLE. 

My friend and I decided it would be fiscally irresponsible to indulge in such a lavish luxury. It was a hard choice to make but when it is a choice between eating and having a TV show to watch well, food trumps all in my book. 

The first week was hard I'm not even going to pretend like it wasn't but once the cold sweats passed and I no longer pined to watch  Chelsea Lately at 11 o'clock eastern standard time on E! I knew I was in the clear. 

Since the loss of cable in my life I have discovered the Coronado Public Library. A marvelous place full of books. BOOKS. Crazy, I know, who reads. but I've made my way through a few and I must say they were most enjoyable. 

My only cheat is that we do have a DVD player and the library has a wide array of DVDs to rent for a small price of 50cents for a whole week. HELLO HBO on DVD. Loved the series Rome, Six Feet Under has me rethinking eevery situation I am in and how it may turn sour real fast, and of course what I'm in the middle of now... The Sopranos. Makes me miss home more and more with every passing episode. 

I can now stand up and proudly say... my name is Catie Voglio and I am no longer addicted to cable television. 

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't have a VHS player. I'd record Chelsea for you :)

    ReplyDelete