Monday, March 9, 2009

Just a Thought...

(not a picture from Purchase College restroom)

The writings on the wall... The bathroom walls that is.
I just don't get it. Why do people feel the need to express their love/hate/poetic expertise on the walls and doors of public restrooms.
Personally, I like to spend as little time as possible in these filthy places. Especially, in school. I dont know what it is but people really abuse those bathrooms!
When did the bathroom become a virtual rolodex of numbers to call for a good time?
It's usually the poems that give me a good laugh. I mean it takes time and effort to scratch into that many layers of shalacked paint! Serious time and effort just to get out a simple Haiku. I would think that submitting it into a local poem contest would be 10 times more effective and probably smell a lot less like toilet.
I just don't find anything that inspirational about the public restroom... Call me crazy?
I mean I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha inspirational shit! have you seen the bathrooms in the student center? filled with toilet rants and ramblings.

    ReplyDelete